Friday, May 11, 2012

Product Haul & Hair Rant!

It's been forever since I wrote a lil sumin' sumin' I must admit I've been in a hair rut. I am being quite ambitious on my hair journey -- I am growing out from a short style AND leaving that creamy crack alone. Why Nobody Told Me I Was Crazy To Do This?? At this stage in the game, I'm questioning why I am doing both at the same time. oye! However, my eye is still on the hair prize in my heart of hearts, I really don't want to go back either way--going short nor that creamy crack! So I must stay focused. I was thinking to weave my hair for a couple of months to get my out of the dreadful, frustrated, ugly hair stage. Since, I've been doing this whole hair researching bit, I now know how to even treat my hair while it's in a resting-weave-wearing stage.

Anyway, this past week, I bought some hair goodies to uplift my hair rut spirits, so I went to my favorite Beauty Supply Store (BSS) and did some hauling. The product junkie in me came out and I had to get myself together and put stuff back cuz I felt myself going buck wild when I asked the guy in the store "Yall don't have carts?" And silly me, wrote a list so-- for one, I can remember what I needed and for two -- so I can be focused and not overspend, but guess what? My forgetful self forgets the daggone list! Like, who does that? Me! But I regrouped and started to put things back and really got what I needed.whew!

My fav BSS to shop
This is my favorite BSS to shop at. I live in Brooklyn, NY and work in the city and this BSS is in the city. Sometimes, on my lunch hour I take a trip to the BSS and pick up a few thangs. If you are familiar with NYC, this BSS is on 32nd and 7th. They have everything natural oils, high-end products, mid-range products, products you aint never seen. They are also fairly priced too.

ORS Conditioner, QP Moisturizer, Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Juice


Well I needed a moisturizer, I had to re-up on my ORS conditioner & coconut oil. I must say I strayed away from the ORS to try other conditioners and hands down ORS wins. I'll do a comparison review in another blog. I'm eager to find a product that beats that one cuz I think point there is no competition.

I wanted to try Aloe Vera Juice because I've read and was told such great things about it. I bought it because I wanted to use it for my shedding but I also heard it is also a great moisturizer. And with all this new growth going on I could use this powerful aid.

My usual moisturizer that I've been using is Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-In Creme. My hair loves that stuff but I wanted to try something different since NTM is the ONLY moisturizer I've used since starting my hair journey (HJ). I went with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter since it gets such rave reviews on how bomb it is.  Oh I also bought a spray bottle and an eyebrow pencil :)

Enough of my blogging blabber.

What's your hair rant?

2 comments:

Jenna said...

nice haul, coconut oil and aloe vera juice can't be beat :). i work near there lol, so i will def check out that beauty supply store

Cess B. said...

def my fav BSS. Have you stopped in yet? I always spend way too much and stay way too long during my lunch hour..lol