Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Edges Growth Check!

 Six months into my hair journey and I am still diligent with getting my balding edges to thrive. Patience and consistence is key to making this happen. I was once told "once your edges are gone, that's it, they'll never grow back" but I beg to differ. After sticking to my regimen married to the right products I'm making progress. Bump that! My sides are wassup! I'm a proud mama, after babying these sides.

Here is a pic from my last edges update from my April 17th post. Top left was the beginning of my journey in January.  Bottom Left was in April.
Six months into my hair journey, obvious signs of progress. don't cha think?

The only thing that has changed is I switched moisturizers. I still love Neutrogena Triple Moisture, but I wanted to try something different and I started using Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer. However, I still moisture & seal twice a day using Jamaican Black Castor Oil as my sealant. I will say that I don't really care for QP on my actual tresses, because it weighs down my hair, but I do love it on my edges & nape. It does a better job with keeping it nice and moisturized. So, I mainly use QP just for moisturizing my edges and nape area.
What has been your problem area? What was your technique for progress?


4 comments:

Jenna said...

You def have made great progress, congratulations! I've recently been having some issues with my edges, but between deja's hair milk and my castor/sweet almond/peppermint oil mix i'm finally making progress. HHJ

Cess B. said...

Thanks Jenna!
ooooh nice mix of oils, you got there! Your edges have no choice but to flourish with that combo.

nunu black said...

Nice progress

Cess B. said...

Thanks! I'm due for another length check on my edges so stay tuned :-)