Friday, June 1, 2012

Kicking Off the Summer With a New Do & A Review!

Side ponytail, swoop bang w/glue-in tracks .
It's officially summer, well in my book at least. Once Memorial Weekend comes around that's certified summer to me--BBQ's, cute dresses, cool shades, stylish sandals and up-do hairstyles. I'm in that annoying mid-stage, with no perm so I decided to get a ponytail to stick out the awkward stage. My sis-in-law recently graduated from beauty school and she got a chair at a hair salon, I wanted to support her new journey as a hairstylist and put her newly learned skills to the test.

I never get super long hair when I had pieces, but I was feeling the extra long pony, 16 inches boo! I love it, but my husband, umm not so much. What I love about it is, it's super simple, chic and fun. You can't go wrong with a pony. I figured this will get me through the mid-stage and those scorcher summer days. I'm having fun with it too. I swing to the back or have it draped on my shoulder for a chic-er look.

To maintain it, I take 3 flex rods, section off the pony and add them in to get that sexy loose curl. I add some Organic Root Stimulator Edge Control and dap that on my sides and nape for a refresher. I also take a dap of coconut oil and glide it across the sides and nape as well. The longest, I will wear this still is for two weeks tops.

I'm loving ORS Edge Control, it's clear so no residue or flakes, super thick, gives amazing hold and control and adds some good shine too. It's very sticky almost like a super glue texture. I have a piece of hair that is a little shorter so every now and then the hair sticks out, so all I do is put some Edge Control over it and BAM that hair is back in place, I don't even need a pin either. I haven't used gel in my hair in forever, like since high school days when all I wore were ponytails, so I was quite impressed that it didn't give that flaky residue, made my hair brittle like I remember. This will def be my staple for future up-do's.

It receives 4 out of 5 stars on most reviews. My girl, Sunshyne, gave it 5 stars on her Harlicious blog.

ORS Edge Control Details:
  • Holds down edges
  • Adds shine and moisture
  • Ideal for relaxed and natural hair

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge Control™ is a unique alcohol free formula that gives the hair superior hold without flaking. It slicks and holds down the edges while adding shine and moisture.
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge Control contains natural ingredients and vital nutrients that work together to keep hair looking its best. It is great for relaxed and natural hair. Key Ingredients include Olive Oil which is rich in essential fatty acids and infuses moisture directly into the cuticle. Aloe Vera that provides moisture and conditioning properties and Wheat Protein which strengthens the hair and reduces breakage.

If you live in the Brooklyn area, check out my sis-in-law Felicia. She's at Hair Palace on Utica & Church Ave. 

What's your summer do?


No comments: