Monday, April 16, 2012

The Reverse DC

I love me some deep conditioning! When I do my hair at home, the Deep Conditioner (DC) will sit in my hair for hours and my hair behaves so well afterwards, no breaking and barely any shedding. Yesterday, I did my hair at home, and I did not feel like getting in the shower to wash my hair then add a DC to get back in the shower to rinse. So, I tried a DC in reverse, meaning I applied my DC on my dry hair first then I hopped in the shower, rinsed the conditioner and washed with shampoo. It certainly killed some time but the results of my hair were the same as a regular wash first, DC second. I normally pre-poo during wash days, but I cut pre-pooing out since I was DC'ng first.

Here's my step by step wash day:

My DC mix was Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning, Honey and Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I sat under the heating cap for an hour, but the DC actually stayed in my hair for 4 hours while I did things around the house i.e watched some shows on my DVR, cooked Sunday dinner and cleaned the bathroom. Just in case, you wanted to know lol.

I washed with Aphogee Balancing Moisturizing Shampoo, Apply Roux Porosity Conditioner for 30 seconds and rinsed. Applied Aphogee Green Tea Leave-In, Air dried overnight. Flat ironed in the morning, and of course, I used a heat protectant IC Heat Protectant Straightening Serum.


I've seen a few girls on youtube do the DC on dry hair. Here's one of my favorite youtubers shorty2sweet59 do the reverse DC. BTW, homegirl's hair is waist length!! Shout out to the Caribbean massive! She got that soca music playing in the background so you can buss-a whine while you watch. ;-)

No comments: